Wednesday 9 September 2015

FIRST YEAR REMEMBRANCE OF MY LATE FATHER, BARRISTER FELIX ODUSANYA DINA.


The 9th day of September 2014 remains a very sad day. The unexpected struck and it was a massive blow. I lost my father to the cold hands of death.

How could a man who was so full of life die after just 2 days of illness? I had heard about these things, seen it in movies, but I never imagined such would be part of my family's history. 

How could a man who toiled and laboured for many years to provide for the needs of his nuclear and extended family die when he was supposed to be enjoying the fruits of his labour?

That morning, my family was full of hope, we were very optimistic he would pull through but he never did. Dad passed on to the other side at just 60yrs. 

I lost what heaven gained, The most wonderful dad this world contained, There's just one thing  that makes me glad, God chose you to be my dad.

Memories of the events that Tuesday morning kills me, but I have found solace in God's word, which says that we mortals must give thanks in all situations. His words also confirms that it is quite impossible for a strand of our hair to fall without God allowing it. He also said we should count it all joy when we fall into various trials. These words have been my consolation even though I have never stopped remembering and asking why God never gave him another chance.

My father was the best I could have ever wished for. He was not like the typical African father. He was nice, strict, ambitious, purpose driven, jovial and very smart too. He was my friend. We communicated like best friends. My day one pals can testify to this. He was always concerned about the progress of everyone around him. Dad still wanted me to Medicine even after my masters degree. He eventually understood my reasons and accepted the fact that God had charted a different career course for me. I remember waking up to study just because he was glued to his law books. How could my father be studying all through the night while I was in bed snoring. He was a great inspiration. We discussed each time there was need for me to take key decisions.

Dad wasn't born with a silverspoon, he worked extremely hard to achieve success and heaven smiled on him. He was the kind of man who was grateful to God in times of need and abundance. A very vital practical lesson I learnt from him. 

Remembering dad is easy, I do it every day. Missing him is something that will never go away.

He was a great family man who loved his wife,  children, grandchildren and in-laws dearly. I remember him helping many families in times of need and advice when things were falling apart. Many people remember him for good. I know instances where children never look forward to a family gathering because of the disunity between their parents, this usually extends to their children. Such was never the case in my family. Everyday was special for us. 

A beautiful memory, dearer than gold, of a father whose worth can never be told, There's a place in my heart no one can fill, I miss you, Dad, and always will.

Today is the first year remembrance of my late father, "Barrister Felix Oluwarotimi Dina". You will forever live in our hearts dad and your good deeds will not forgotten. I am grateful to God for the live you lived. Your shoes have not been easy to fill but God has been our anchor and cornerstone.

May the Lord bless everyone who have been assisting us through prayers and other means.

Theresa, Titi, Tayo, Tolu, Tola, Tunde, Bintan, Milan & Miguel miss you dad.

Keep resting in God's bosom. 

Dina T.O (Xantaplus)


No comments:

Post a Comment